Rent-A-Drum is a privately owned Namibian company and has grown into the biggest enterprise of its kind with an extended fleet of waste collecting and removal vehicles. The company’s equipment resources are supported by an extremely focused, well experienced and committed management team who consistently aim to source more cost-effective and environmental friendly solutions which makes it the leader in waste management and the leading organization in recycling in Namibia.
Rent-A-Drum maintains comprehensive waste management contracts with government institutions, industrial and commercial enterprises and mines. Rent-A-Drum also delivers this service to the citizens of Windhoek.
The company has grown exponentially since 1989 and caters for the different needs of the clients’ waste management. Rent-A-Drum continuously strives to improve methods of proper and more effective waste removal and containment management processes. The company has a strong environmental focus and aims to reduce and control pollution to the absolute minimum.
The company’s vision is encapsulated in two powerful words; Zero Waste, furthermore the company is on its way to achieve its mission to become the leader in Waste management and the leading organization in recycling in Namibia.
As part of the company’s mission to apply new innovative ways of waste management, an agreement were signed with the Finnish company Molok® to be the representing marketing and manufacturing company for Molok® deep collection systems in Namibia, and the SADC regions. This system applies a clean, aesthetically pleasing, environmentally friendly and efficient collection point for a variety of waste types and situations.
Furthermore Rent-A-Drum offers a wide variety of waste management processes which includes:
- 240L wheelie bin removal
- 210L metal bin removal used for garden refuse at households
- Skip removal for general waste as well as building rubble and garden refuse
- In addition, the company specializes in hazardous waste removal, medical waste and fat traps.
During 2010 Rent-A-Drum erected and commissioned a state-of-the–art Material Recovery Facility (MFR) the first and only one of its kind in Namibia.
The company also have a weighbridge to record volumes of recyclables received, processed and dispatched from the MRF. It enables the company to sort and bale mixed recyclables in huge volumes.
Expertise and past experience in waste management:
Rent-A-Drum has received a multitude of accolades to support its status as an expert and by far the for-runner in effective and efficient waste management. Herewith a list of Rent-A-Drum’s accomplishments for the past five years:
- Head office in Windhoek, other branches Swakopmund, Walvis Bay and Oshakati
- State-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) in Windhoek.
- The Finnish-Namibian municipal North-South partnership programme during 2007-2011, research on waste management systems in Namibia was executed and Rent-A-Drum was identified as the potential waste management company in Namibia to partner with the Finnish company.
- Molok® Deep Collection System (Investments in industrial and environmental development in Namibia) (Launched 8th November 2012)
- Feasibility study by students from Polytechnic of Namibia and TAMK-Socio-Economic and Environmental Planning (March-May 2013)
- Most Ministries Waste Management Tenders awarded to Rent-A-Drum
- Hazardous waste management
- Medical waste management
- Partners with Previously Disadvantaged Individuals as SMME Contractors
- Rent-A-Drum received its 8th consecutive PMR reward for the leading Waste Management Company in Namibia
- Rent-A-Drum is also an active member to the Institute of Waste Management Southern Africa (IWMSA) and a Founding Member of the Recycle Namibia Forum
- Implementation of clear bag system
- Adhoc of clean-ups of mayor social events